New Year's Day-
Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
I love Mark Twain, seriously he was such a realist. So let's keep it real here today too. I know I am terrible with follow through, hence the ambitious slacker blog title. Yes there are a thousand things I want to try, but I am going to try and stay real, not plan more than I can handle and just have some fun. One thing I learned about myself in 2010 is that I do not do well with restriction. I also don't do well with finite goals. Ok, that part I knew, but I learned a solution. If I have a range, then I am pretty good. A range is not restrictive, it gives you wiggle room to accomplish things. You'll see by my resolutions below that I have room to be successful and am hopefully not setting myself up for failure.
For Mental Me: Be more confident. How?
- Take a self defense class.
- Start including at the end of every blog post (along with the regular thankful three) a self esteem booster. Why I kick a$$:
- Maintain my 2010 weight loss this year. I am 182 pounds today. If I lose weight in 2011, great! If not, I do not want to go above 185 pounds or be larger than a size 10. Hopefully this leaves room for muscle gain, but not loss of clothing choices. Honestly I think I can get to 175 without compromising my love for food, 170 would take lots of fitness effort, but would be the lofty end of a weight loss goal for me.
- Build a mileage base. I am not as consistent as I would like to be. So for 2011 I would like to run 520 miles. I have no idea what I did in 2010, so I figure an average of 10 miles a week would be a good start.
- Build speed. My 2010 goal was to run a sub 10 minute mile. I did that in September with a 9:07 mile then took it to the next level in December with a 8:40 mile. I would like to break 8:00 minutes, just once, even in a training run. Downhills do not count, just a flat normal course will do. I think if I get more consistent as stated in #2 above, the speed will come.
want flat abswant to build my CORE strength. I am size 10, but my belly leaves a little something to be desired. Between my cross-training and running I know I can maintain weight, but I need to focus on my CORE to be stronger and help with injury prevention...ok you got me, I just want sexy abs. So my 2011 goal is 52,052 CORE exercises. If that means 1001 sit-ups a week so be it. Boring, but it'll do if I am not feeling inventive. 52,052 sounds big, but really it is 150 sit-ups a day. Pretty straight forward.
01-01-11 34 in
Waist at smallest area:
01-01-11 33.5 in
Waist at belly button:
01-01-11 37 in
For Family: Have more Fun! How?
- Take the kids camping 2-3 times this summer. We only went 1x in 2010. More is better, but this is a start.
- Hit a zoo, museum or themed type park 4-6 times this year. We only went 3-4 times in 2010.
- Go backpacking-camping sans kids 3x this year. We only went 2x in 2010.
I will link this in the "Stuff About Me" section of this blog so check back for updates.
Why I Kick A$$: Because I completely rocked 2010 with a 20lb weight loss. That was January 2010 to January 2011. If you look at my peak weight gain of March 2010, you'll see it was actually 32 lbs March to January. Go Me!
- For a creative husband, I had no idea what I was going to call my confidence boost. I will credit him with the "Why I Kick A$$ title.
- For little people who sleep in. The Duder didn't wake us up until 7:45!!!
- For relaxing weekends with the family.