The belly rules the mind.
1. Last week's 10K was spectacular! My body handled it well. I didn't run for time, but confident if I did that both my legs and lungs were up for the challenged. I stuck with my buddy. She let me fly on the downhills, but I'd wait for on the flats and she was kind to me when she tackled the uphills.
|I really love my new hot pink arm sleeves.|
3. This week was supposed to be an easy week with only 2 miles on the schedule for both Tuesday and Thursday and 2.5 tomorrow and an easy 25-30 minutes Sunday. So far I have done nothing. Zero. Zip. Zilch. I am ok with that. My next 8 week training cycle starts on Monday and it is easy with my week day runs at 2-2.5 miles and my long run at 3.5 miles. I am training for another 10K and I am really happy about the time that 10K training affords me and my family. It is a great distance, not too imposing on life, work, family etc..
4. Um, ok...silly question. How do I eat right? Plant based? Whole food? Organic? Yeah, those answers are no brainers, right? My body is normally very responsive. Cutting out fast food, fried food and sweets are normally a great way to drop those nagging pounds. Well it hasn't been working for me lately. (People who know me personally ignore the way you have seen me eat these last three days)
5. Good news! The new fitness studio I am visiting for Kettle bell also gave me a fitness assessment including a calipers body fat test. I actually have less body fat than where I was last year mid season. It is obvious that aside from my top heaviness, I am carrying my weight in my middle like most and I know I can overcome this with a little effort. Ugh, effort, bleh!
The Big Picture: Long term, I understand eating well and nourishing my body is a life long commitment, short term I know weight loss will take effort.
Why I Kick A$$: For working hard enough to be able to take a couple days off guilt free.
|How I enjoy down time to myself...sitting in the sun.|
- For a night away in SF with Super Hubby.
- For Duder having a great first sleep over with his uncle and aunt.
- For so much time off work lately to recharge.