If a man harbors any sort of fear,
it percolates through all thinking,
damages his personality and
makes him a landlord to a ghost.
Since my last thrilling post on PMS and the Breaking Dawn movie, my life has been filled with the following bullets...yes, bullets again. Cut me some slack, I think bullets are just my thing.
- Fear about leaving my kids for a few days while in New Jersery/New York
- Eating to fill the space in my around my fear and hopefully forcing it out...ended up just packing on pounds. Note to self, fear is not afraid of french fries
- No working out except for my 5K PR at the local Run Against Hunger Thanksgiving morning, it was so great getting out there with my nieces. Extra bonus, my cousin and her two kids were there, sorry no pictures, but I love that exercise is becoming a family affair
- Being almost totally zoned out at Thanksgiving preoccupied by the thought that once dinner was over I had to head to the airport
- Did you notice how I just slipped in the fact that I PR'd? Yup with with walking and slowing down to chat with friends on the run. Ooooh, one more thing, it was a PR with no running for the couple weeks leading up to the event. Boy did I need that ego boost after all the fear eating.
- Uh, what else? I am in New Jersey for the weekend. Yeah, California to New Jersey. For the weekend....long flight, short trip. Something is wrong with this picture.
- Have had rock'n Bar Mitzvah fun all weekend and ready for the big shin dig tomorrow night...there has been so much food, I might need a second seat on the flight home.
- Had a hilarious time with about a dozen or so 13 year old boys acting like paparazzi round my hubby because they thought he looked like Ben Roethlisberger from the Steelers NFL team. While they obviously knew he was not actually Ben Roethlisberger, they certainly enjoyed pretending and playing it up with pictures and requests for autographs. Super funny!
- We'll be in New York tomorrow and some of Monday before flying back so short trip, but fun so far and more fun planned for tomorrow. Did I mention we have been eating like crazy? When not eating, we have been getting a ton of sleep too. Not so much jet lag as it is food comas LOL
- High fives for family who is staying at our house with our precious babies. I miss them so much. Pretty sure I wasn't ready for a trip away from them, yeah the tight pants around the waist from eating pretty much confirms that.
|Ben Roethlisberger-image politely taken from zimbio.com after a google images search|
Do they really look alike people? I think it's just the beard.
The Big Picture: We are with family for a very important life cycle event and my children are home safe and sound in good hands having a very fun time with their Abuelita and cousins.
Why I Kick A$$: Um, did you miss the part about the PR? Hello, I am so ready for another, I think I might like 5Ks now, short sweet and so much room for improvement.
- For time with the east coast family
- For support from the west coast family
- For elastic leggings, I have been perpetually stuffed for over a week now