Slow and Steady

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Five: How I spent my Thursday

 A good leader inspires people to have confidence in the leader, a great leader inspires people to have confidence in themselves.
~anonymous
I had an awesome day at training yesterday and have more to come today. We did lots of learning, but also some teambuilding and leadership exercises. I capped off my night with fun and relaxation. For your viewing pleasure a photo tour of my Thursday.
1. Learning about leadership. I am awesome, but even the great can be better.
2. My team effectively constructed the best shelter using available resources. This isn't our shelter, but just an image I could find. I need to remember to take more pictures.
3. Capped off my night with a few of these:
4. One of these:
5. And a little of this:
Why I Kick A$$: Because I have run two marathons and a colleague flattered me (and another marathoner) by asking us questions about running and giving us a face of amazement. I love it, I really felt accomplished to talk like I am a real marathoner.

Thankful Three
  1. Professional Development...have I told you how much I value the time and energy that goes into quality and effective training.
  2. Pacifico
  3. Way too many snacks last night...so yummy!

8 comments:

Laura said...

mmmmm Pacifico...this was a fav beer of ours on our recent Mexico trip.
Will be doing my 7 things from your award on Monday.
Happy weekend!

The Turtle said...

Pacifico is one of my favorite beers. Love it!

Christi said...

I love Pacifico!

Kris said...

Beer and a massage, what an awesome day!

Thanks for award, going to do a post this weekend. The hubby has a 3 day weekend so I am hoping for a few minutes of alone time besides my long run on Sunday:)

RunToTheFinish said...

nothing is so fun as being able to brag a little about your running! glad you are having a great week

Amanda@runninghood said...

I agree with Kris...beer and a massage sound heavenly!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Great post! I love that first quote, it's so true!

And is that Dance Dance Revolution? So fun!!!!

And how cool to be asked questions by others about running!

all your talk about training and professional development makes me want to hunt down soem some seminars and do some training myself! It is a great feeling to better yourself! Great job!

Wanna Be a Skinnie Minnie! said...

Beer and massage! UMMM, beer and massage = great day! Glad that you had a great day! :o)