“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had a great post going while on vacation and then we lost internet connection. Then I had a wonderful picture post about vacation going to post when we returned and it never made it's way up. The scoop is
- I'm busy
- I am currently addicted to Battlestar Galactica and watching it on netflix during ALL my free time
- I am reading a lot more lately
- I am gaining weight and gee, that struggle gets old to post about LOL
- I am now taking it one day at a time...
So what is on deck?
- I'll post when I can, when I truly want to post and thus make time for it...like right now. Ok, by "make time," I mean, I came home from work to take care of my sick child and she was watching cartoons on netflix so I couldn't watch and now she is napping so I have time to wrap up this post and actually post it.
- I have a high school reunion in a few weeks, I am sure I'll post about that. I never wanted to be that girl that had to try hard to get ready for a reunion, but lord knows they don't need to see me jiggling on the dance floor so hopefully I'll find some motivation to work out between now and then. Obviously not enough time for a full make over, but any level of working out is great for the self-esteem.
- There is a trailrun the morning of my reunion, so I am hoping to knock that out...assuming I can get a sitter
- One day at a time
BIG PICTURE: What is going well? Well, you how skinny people who used to be fat, always feel fat? I have the opposite syndrome. I used to be super duper athletic and had the body to match. I no longer have the body to match, but mentally and most times physically I feel amazing, think that I look amazing and when I look in the mirror and only disappointed at my belly which, let's face it, is a common problem amongst women my age. The fact is, I feel awesome, just gotta work on the exterior matching the ego...the mirror is a mean ego check.
WHY I KICK A$$: I am a damn good mom and know exactly how to love and care for my sick little Bug today. I hate that she is sick, I love that I get to be her mom when she is not feeling her best.
- For the in-laws did a great job today helping with the Bug, running out for Popsicles and all!
- For a few minutes to blog and give myself a break from feeling bad about NOT blogging LOL
- For Battlestar Galactica, because obviously I needed a new excuse not to work out