Slow and Steady

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Tidbit-Black Listed

More about me. There are several restaurants, menu items and snack foods that I love used to love. I get nostalgic about food, but fail to remember that my taste buds are evolving and somethings that my brain thinks I am going to flip over, make my tummy flop over. Here is the list, I am sad to write this, but hope it will prevent some wasteful and disappointing purchases. I am sure the list will grow, but here is a short start:
  1. No more Weinerschnitzl Chili Cheese Dogs
  2. No more Long John Silver's anything
  3. Real tears with this one: No more Snickers (I am hoping I get over this, because as of 6 months ago I really did love them)
  4. Nibs (cute little red licorice candy)
  5. Jujy Fruit candy
  6. Juju Bees candy-even as I type this they sound yummy!
  7. Dots (by tootsie)
  8. Sonic, the idea of tater tots are awesome, but they always fail to quench that nostalgic cafeteria taste
  9. Applebee's
  10. Chili's
  11. Mimi's Cafe
  12. Sbarro
  13. Carl's Junior fries
  14. Arby's
  15. Foster's Freeze (home town homies, don't hate me for writing this, I just don't love the deep fried burritos or extra pickly burgers anymore :()
  16. Top Ramen Noodle Soup-added 07/04/10
Wow, I really am a junk food junky.




Day 27 Recap 06.22.10
  1. Compliment: I survived an amazing painful & sleepless night
  2. 3 sets of gatorade lifts
  3. Spent 31 minutes: sleeping and repeat
  4. Calories: 1319 so far. I have an 1 1/2 hrs left in my eating day, but since I am supposed to be on a clear liquid diet the rest of today I should be able to stay in a decent calorie range. How did I get this high in calories on liquids? Gatorade is one, the other is I was starving and have to take medication with actual food. Toast with peanut butter is a lot of calories, I know not liquid.
  5. Looked in the mirror and wonder how after a night like last night I can look so puffy, I should look skeletal? Damn stomach bug/food poisoning thing.

    Thankful Three
    1. For the best babysitter ever!
    2. For co-workers who covered for me so I could stay home & sleep
    3. For antibiotics, can you say D-O-U-B-L-E ear infection?

    1 comment:

    Christi said...

    Damn! I hope you feel better very soon! I love Sonic tator tots!! They are the bomb but alas they too are on my list of banned foods. That is pretty easy now because they do kind of make me sick!