Slow and Steady

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Turn Around: eReader?

“The books that help you most are those which make you think that most. The hardest way of learning is that of easy reading; but a great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep freighted with truth and beauty.”
~Pablo Neruda

Wednesday Hump Day sounds funny, but like an out and back run it marks the turn around to the work week. Today will be a short post, hopefully with some follow up in the coming weeks. I am thinking of getting an eReader. Kindle is all the rage, but a co-worker suggested the Nook. My FB friends think an iPad is the way to go if not sticking with the old fashion book/library route. So what do you think? I have my laptop which isn't even a year old yet. I also own the newest version of the iPhone. What do I want an eReader for? Books. I have been in a book club for 2 years and feel that my commitment has warranted consideration of an alternative reading approach.

Should I get an eReader? If so, which would you recommend and why?


Thankful Three
  1. For a focused day at work. I am starting to think my coffee is was sets the tone for a successful day. 
  2. For dinner with the in-laws. 
  3. For the marathon training episode of biggest loser. I think I am ready to register for my next one now. Not just Biggest Loser motivation, but check out P's race recap of CIM, it's so motivating.

4 comments:

Christi said...

P's race recap of CIM also has me considering signing up for that race. Plus, my coach always has great results with her athletes that run that race!

I can't help you on the e-reader thing. I am too old-school. I just love reading books! I love the feel, the ability to take notes in them if I feel like it. I guess I am an old lady!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

My son as the Amazon. It's easy to read, you can surf the web - although slow and it holds a ton of books. I would only recommend it for adult though because it seems many of the kids books, you cannot get on it.

Pahla said...

BLOGGY MEETUP AT CIM 2011!! :-)
I haven't watched BL yet, it's on my DVR for tonight and I can't wait. I love it when they run the marathon, it totally makes me cry. Oh, wait, I always cry when I'm watching BL!
I have zero experience with any of those readers, but I think I would go iPad because it can do so many other things.

Molly said...

I too love the BL Marathon episode!!! I don't have a reader, so can't help ya out there....