Slow and Steady

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Tidbit: Invasion of the man cave

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.
~Winnie the Pooh

I have fallen off the exercise wagon. I run 1x per week and go to physical therapy 1x per week. Each are a good workout, but I need more. I got skinnier. I bought new jeans. I now have 2 pairs of jeans. They are both starting to feel snug. The scale says about a 2 pound gain. I am not shopping for more jeans. I am not getting fatter. I must combat the fact that I leave for work when it is dark and I get home when it is dark. I have time when the kids go to bed to jump on the bike trainer. I have hardwood floors. The reverberation is too loud for the kids. We converted our detached garaged into a man cave-flying tying room-x-box-boy movie with loud scenes and jam packed action kind of space. It is in no way shape or form feminine. This is my Super Hubby's space.
I suggested my hubby work out in his "off season," he plays softball a couple times a week March through October. He said, "when do I have time?" I said he could get up early and go to the gym or after the kids are in bed. He doesn't like the gym and has no interest in weights. He does however not mind the bike. I just so happen to have a bike trainer. He has agreed to let me temporarily set up the trainer in his man room. No we are not going to hang out in there, gab and read girly magazines, but I will have a space after the kids go to bed or super early in the morning to go get in a workout and not wake anyone up. Plus he'll have it set up to use when ever he wants without having to pack up and go to the dreaded gym. He doesn't lose his man card since he is not actually sharing the room with me, just letting me go in every once in a while. Alas, there will be no pink hand towels or Oprah on the TV.

Thankful Three
  1. That I survived Monday
  2. That I have one less excuse not to work out
  3. That I write about my 2 pound gain, but still went out for a banana split last night

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A man cave must have rules - just sayin'.

Christi said...

No worries, the 2 lbs will drop off in no time! And I think shopping for jeans at anytime just sucks! Why can't some company start making jeans for athletic gals, just sayin!

Andrew Opala said...

Man only loses the cave when the woman starts to redecorate ... that is a no-no.

Anonymous said...

lol I laughed at the man cave comments above

Emz said...

I love the MC comments too.

I love #3 a little bit more. ;)

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is so funny. My husband said that if our third was another girl (it was a boy) then he was going to build a man cave/shack in the backyard. :)