Slow and Steady

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Summary: Picture Story Time

Of all of our inventions for mass communicatino, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.
~Walt Disney


Sorry, I just get so busy sometimes. As promised, here is a picture of my ugly sweater for my wine club's ugly holiday sweater theme night on Thursday. You'll also notice that I am holding my white elephant prize, an off brand snuggie called a hugglie. You can bet I re-gifted this for the white elephant exchange at last nights holiday party. I mean it is zebra print, who wouldn't love it. I know snow flake boobs are tacky, but trust me, mine wasn't the worst sweater at the party :)
When I got home from wine club my husband was in his man cave. My son took the opportunity to steal our bed in our absence.
Friday was fantastic...kind of. I went to a professional development seminar on managing multiple priorities. The instructor was dynamic and had an energetic delivery. He reminded me of the hyperactive motivational speaker events people drop hundreds of dollars to go to. I think maybe I could do that for a living, but I just don't have the entrepreneurial bone. However, coaching is indeed my thing so maybe coaching again somewhere in my future. Not just basketball, but maybe life coachy kind of stuff. I left this thing wanting to make a vision board, change careers and read all kinds of self help books. Yeah, this guy was good! Have you ever had a life coach? Not mentor, but someone who really helps you start to finish, get you where you want to go?


Saturday was a lovely day. We had bagels as a family. 
Lunch time my cousins came over and we did the whole wine & cheese lunch. My cousin's is amazingly creative and a talenting seamstress. I commissioned her to make me an apron. I gave her a general idea and the base Dia de los Muertos fabric and she come up with this. Isn't it fabuloso!


   

Then I went to a holiday party. I love this belted sweater, my mom got it for me and I always get compliments when I wear it.


In other news, this is my new favorite nightcap. Not that I had an old favorite, but it is really yummy.


Thankful Three
  1. Sunday's, I feel like we just get so much done around the house and I love started Monday off fresh.
  2. Last minute running dates, I confess, I haven't run since last Sunday.
  3. For an adventurous daughter. I am so chicken and she fearlessly makes her way on top of the kitchen table...at 1. Lord help me.

3 comments:

Pahla said...

That Hanukkah sweater is awesome! When I saw the thumbnail on my feed, I came here ready to compliment how pretty you look in that color. And then I saw the collar - LOL! Good thing you also had a picture of the belted sweater, because you look incredible in that one! :-)
Love that pic of your kiddo sleeping in your bed, what a cutie-pie!

Christi said...

I love all your pics! And I think a life coach would be an awesome thing for you to do!

Anonymous said...

A Hugglie? I think I would burn it rather than re-gift it.