Slow and Steady

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Turn Around

Wednesday Hump Day sounds funny, but like an out and back run it marks the turn around to the work week. It has been a great last few days. My bday weekend meant a start to recovering from sleep deprivation. I say start because while I got an AMAZING night's rest Friday, Saturday not so much. I have been watching what I eat and how much. I haven't been eating after 8:00 either. So Saturday night's 4 course meal that started at 8:45 with a hearthy "Mammoth Nut" chocolately beer  as a pre-drink. I am not complaining, my bday dinner was amazing, but oh good lord I could not get comfortable to sleep for the life of me that night. Sunday night my perfect children slept perfectly and I got 8 hours. I was supposed to run yesterday but I slept in in the AM so I thought I would run in the evening (day time 104 degree heat just isn't going to happen). Of course my perfect daughter decided not to go to bed until after 10:00 PM so I thought I would make it up this AM....ooops, slept in:) I need to remember that 3 miles on the schedule is still an important distance not to be dismissed. So while I have a 6:00 PM mani/pedi scheduled after work, I am seriously going to consider getting that make up 3 mile run in tonight.


Hope are having a great week so far and that you have great things planned for the Holiday weekend.




Thankful Three

  1. For sleep
  2. For a babysitter who sent our kids home with dinner made last night. Such a time saver.
  3. For a husband who recognizes wall sits are actually hard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg wall sits ARE hard. Killer.

Christi said...

Yuck, I hate wall sits!

Beckey said...

If your nails are dry, a post-pedi run won't hurt ya. :)