Slow and Steady

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Picture Update & more...

Sprint Tri Race Report will come tomorrow, but wanted to update some photos and do my 31 days to 31 update. Not sure I totally love this photo for my blog, but it is what I have downloaded so far.


Day 9 Recap 06.04.10

  1. Compliment: I am very self aware
  2. 3 sets of...sit ups. Afraid any other exercise would make me too sore for the triathlon
  3. Spent 31 minutes: having a long lunch with the hubby, lovely afternoon
  4. Calories: 2496 minus 0 as I did not workout today. I am an emotional eater and I had a ton of anxiety about applying for a leadership program at work and about not being ready for the triathlon
  5. Looked in the mirror. Smiled and wondered if this body was going to step up for the triathlon. Sorry I am just vomiting the word triathlon, but I figure it is better than actually vomiting
Day 10 Recap 06.05.10






  1. Compliment: 8 out of 31 Athena's sans training (I do not consider my one pool workout "training")
  2. 3 sets of...we'll Sprint Tri covers this 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike, 3 mile run
  3. Spent 31 minutes: laying on the couch after the tri, after my shower and while my kiddos napped. AWESOME!
  4. Calories: 2113 minus 936 as I did not workout today. Under 291. 649 of those calories were my dinner just because I could. Lame, but when else am I going to allow myself a crazy awesome Jack in the Box burger (half actually).
  5. Looked in the mirror. Smiled. Smiled big. Today 2 people commented on my weight loss being noticeable. How cool is that.
Thankful Three

  1. For my Tri team, I went to my event solo today, but felt far from alone
  2. For birthday parties, had a great day with my kiddos at a super hero themed party
  3. For finishing and finishing faster than I had anticipated (although once I was in the throws I knew with training I could've done way better)

No comments: