- So glad it is Friday, but feeling the pressure. Today is the last day to submit my application for my job's leadership program. It is highly competitive so I have zero expectation of getting one of the coveted slots, but the process is still exciting. This is #27 on my 31 Things list.
- I had the opportunity to write a letter of recommendation for my cousin this week, this will count as my #22 on the 31 Things list. It took a lot to write because "personal" and not super professional is not my style of writing. This was a "character reference" type letter, not for a job or anything. I was honored to do and learned a lot about myself in the process. Wonderful opportunity.
- I was asked by a friend to help them strength train and get into shape/lose weight. I am super excited about it as it has kept me motivated. I used to coach basketball and I am a supervisor at work. Directing people is kinda my thing. Having soooo much fun!
- My Sprint Tri is tomorrow. I am more nervous to wear our club uniform for the first time than to finish. Fancy outfits come with expectations and trust me, people should not have expectations. We'll see about changing my DNF picture above really soon. Cross your fingers.
- I think it is a Starbucks day, not really sure yet, but hot chocolate sounds super yummy right now....oh wait, I am an emotional eater/drinker. I must be feeling too much anxiety with the work application due today and Tri tomorrow. LOL, hmm hot chocolate? Could be worse.
Friday, June 4, 2010