Slow and Steady

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Three Things Thursday


  1. I was supposed to do a "Then Turn Around" post yesterday. It got started, then completely crushed. Wednesday Hump Day sounds funny, but like an out and back run it marks the turn around to the work week. It really felt like a turn around when I woke up yesterday, I just knew it was going to be a good day. After being completely derailed by my grandma being in the hospital I needed a fresh start. I was eating, and eating and eating and not really working out. Thank goodness my "watching" my calories helped. I still lost 2 lbs just keeping the food binges (if you can call them that) manageable. Unfortunately yesterday had it's ups and downs too. What do you do to find a happy place when you are getting hit with negative vibes?
  2.  So on to something a bit more up beat--exercise. Wow, I can't believe I am almost half way through my 31 days to 31. I think I am doing pretty well with my 31 things, but still have a lot to accomplish, good thing they are designed to enhance my spirits. Next week starts my official Marathon training, oh lord what was I thinking? I am excited, but a little apprehensive especially considering the 3 miles of my Sprint Tri did not go as planned. I know I owe you all a race report. Any thoughts on a fun and funky way to kick off my marathon training?
  3. Tonight is my girls wine club night and boy to I need some chilaxing time. Tonight's theme is a blend. We'll each bring two bottles, do a blind taste test and the people with the top three selections get to take home percentages of the wine haul (that second bottle goes in the prize pot). Super fun and definitely a nice way to break up what has been a challenging week for me. So what is your favorite blend?
Day 13 Recap 06.08.10
  1. Compliment: I hit send on a camping spot reservation, yes I know I am extremely talented and decisive.
  2. 3 sets of…jumping jacks
  3. Spent 31 minutes: getting on the same page with my mother-in-law...high 5's, anyone?
  4. Calories: 1381 (amazingly good especially since I had Japanese food for dinner)
  5. Looked in the mirror and I really need to stay consistent. Actually I almost skipped #2 above and went straight to bed until I looked in the mirror. Then jumping jacks it was!

Day 14 Recap 06.09.10
  1. Compliment: Even when I am in a funk I still can't help, but be nice to others. Hope you enjoyed your Cinnabon treat honey.
  2. 3 sets of…toe raises. Yeah I know I need to kick my efforts into gear.
  3. Spent 31 minutes: At the brewery with my friend after dinner. I needed a break.
  4. Calories: 2174, not my best effort, but still half of what I used to consume on a regular basis.
  5. Looked in the mirror and decided Thursday has to be the Turn Around Day

    Thankful Three
    1. For friends who are willing to test the whole camping with a 2 year old and infant scenario this Friday
    2. For people who get it
    3. For feeling like myself after being derailed--it is about time!

    1 comment:

    gmontalvo13 said...

    for fun, have you tried training w/a team such as team in training? check it out i think you would like it!