“Everything that goes into my mouth seems to make me fat, everything that comes out of my mouth embarrasses me.”
~Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Who knew I had so much in common with a literary genius? Not sure if he ever wanted to change this about himself, but I am working on both for me. Ok, so I am not exactly watching what I eat, but rather am trying to eat less of everything. As for the embarrassing part? Well, let's just say I am a little naive, ditsy at times and generally miss sarcasm. For as seasoned as my mind is, there is a lot of stuff that I just don't get because my mind is always in an honest place. That being said, I certainly say my fair share of things that warrant a "That's what she said." How my husband doesn't literally die of laughter over the Sh*t that comes out of my mouth is beyond me. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but no, I turn all shades of red even when it's just in front of my husband. So how am I working on this? I am trying to roll with it and get less embarrassed. Also, I need to understand that the people we hang out with always have their minds in the gutter so I should skip the whole "honest place" thing and assume people are always trying to be inappropriate funny. Ok, that is your Tuesday Tidbit about me.
Stay tuned for a "Registration Station" post soon. I am totally bummed I didn't sign up for a mother's day trail run and must get my race schedule in order.
3 Change Challenge Update:
1. totally have been bombing the ab commitment
2. Going no more than 2 days without a workout is going ok, I know I could step up what I consider a workout, but I am doing ok
3. Not eating after 8:00 is going super great!
1. I am thankful for Top Ramen and Saltines...I wasn't feeling well today
2. I am thankful for the awesome mother's day my family gave me yesterday (no, not a typo, we celebrate on May 10th every year)
3. I am thankful for Netflix on my laptop, I got to watch "Tortilla Soup" in the kitchen while I was making dinner, that was fun.