Ok, enough blathering, here is your Friday Five:
- Yes it is week two and I have still not posted about my internal struggle between feeling like a bad mom for leaving my kids for 2 1/2 days and feeling awesome that I got alone time with my hubby. Have I mentioned lately that I'm a procrastinator????
- I am slightly disappointed that the 3 Changes Challenge is over, but have decided I need my own challenge. I will be 31 next month and am thinking of doing a 31 day count up (not down) to my bday. Any ideas of things to do? Oh my brain is going crazy with ideas, but like my blog description says, ideas aren't my problem, doing them is another beast entirely. In the mix of the 31 day count up to my birthday, my marathon training schedule will start so I am thinking of doing something fun with that too. "Planning" for this type A girl, is like being a kid in a candy store. Already having so much fun!!!!
- Ok, so as mentioned above, I met some new friends last night. We are a newly formed wine club that will meet 1x per month to blind taste test wines. There are rules and winners and the concept is brilliant. We had a great time last night and I tasted 10 different Syrah's. No people I was not drunk, I actually just taste, that is not to say some other folks didn't "taste" a little too much. While I had fun, I learned Syrah, while drinkable, is not my favorite wine. Can't wait for next month's get together, great girls, great fun and a great way to expand my wine palate. (that one's for you honey)
- While mothering two little ones and working full time doesn't leave much time for TV, I love my DVR. So confessions of lazy, procrastinating, mother of two, athlete wannabe: I LOVE Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries. Yes you read that right, I am going on 31, but you could reverse those digits and still be right. So sad for season finales.
- I love pay day. I used to love it because that meant I could pay bills and breathe a sigh of relief that I survived another month without losing my standard of living. Now I think I am going to love pay day for the things I get to do. Big things like charitable donations and small things like the sock shopping I get to do in preparation for the Racing with Babes Rock Your Socks 10k/Half Marathon. I will be doing the 10K option so stay tuned later this month for my race report. Now I really need to get on getting a rocking pair of tall socks.
Ok, that is it, you may begin your weekend, your Friday Five is complete. Feel free to toss out your ideas for my 31 days to 31 challenge I am designing for myself. The "count up" will start May 27th.
- For hitting double digits on the my followers list. Thanks Guys!!! I know there are more of you out there, don't be shy, becoming a follower I don't mind.
- For Jack in the Box tacos--this may be a duplicate, but they are soooo yummy
- For Girls' nights out followed my mommy's night in :)