Gluttony is not a secret vice.
Where do I start? I totally thought I would post a short Friday 5, maybe a picture for Saturday and do a full Sunday Summary....uh, nope WAY too busy enjoying birthday weekend. So here is the recap. May I just say returning to business as usual today was tough. Literally had a 5 hour meeting me 12 men and myself. How these men did not have to pee this whole time is beyond me. I had to excuse myself from the meeting. And am I the only one who gets hungry at lunch time? 10:00 start time, 2:30 finish time. Unfortunately by the time we finished I was D-O-N-E and "treated" myself not only to In-n-Out, but opted for the chocolate shake. Learned a bunch, but not how to "hold it," still working on that. Without further adieu, here's the weekend recap:
- 5:30 am swim practice-sprints
- 10:00 French Toast breakfast...so yummy
- Sometime that afternoon we did a lovely short hike to Eagle Lake across from Emerald baby. This is such touristy hike, but we had never done it and we had a short afternoon to fill. What was great is that there was so much snow, that manuvering around to the opposite side of the lake scrambling over rocks got us some much needed quiet time for lunch.
- Our cabin was great, with a lovely view of the Nevada side of Kingsbury Grade
- Sushi Friday! All you can eat sushi Friday, made to order. Wish I took pictures, but alas, I was so hungry I only remembered after we were done
- While we were waiting to be seated at a late breakfast, my friend wondered allowed why we didn't book massages on this trip? GOOD QUESTION! I love my iPhone, last minute massages BOOKED!
- French Toast, eggs, toast, bacon, HOT CHOCOLATE....ugh, breakfast had a little too much grease, but yummy
We took a little walk until we found a secluded part of the Carson River and set up camp while our spouses walked the river to flyfish. We drank Shock Top Raspberry beer, ate gummy bears, gummy worms, beef jerky and read magazines. Pretty delightful.
HERE. For dessert we ordered and shared 3 different desserts: Coffee and chocolate ice cream with Skor bar bits-delicious, lemon and blueberry cheese case with blueberry sauce and candied lemon zest, Champagne sabayon with fresh berries-strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry. The sabayon was a little thinner than sabayons that I have had, but still wonderfully delicious. Gluttony at its best Saturday night.
I was pretty bacon'd out so we went with orangep-carrot juice and oatmeal from Jamba juice. We picked up sandwiches from the grocery and headed on our "big" hike. This is usually a moderately difficult 1000 ft elevation gain hike on a well maintained trail. Well, it's been a bit cold in tahoe and most of our trail was covered in snow or was soggy. At the .75 mile marker that was flooded with ice cold run off. While we only had to walk through about 30 yards of 2 ft deep water, it was so cold that it was actually painful. Crying, whinning, stinging kind of painful. Then we got to walk through a quarter mile that looked like this.
We hit Mel's drive in on the way home where I realized I do not need anymore bacon (again). I do however need more chocolate banana milkshakes. The bomb!
I get the best birthday trips
- My husband, 10x over I love him the most
- My in-laws. Facetime via iPad2 to hear see and hear my kids sing Happy Birthday was such an awesome gift
- For great friends to spend the weekend with: Thanks SB and BD, you're the best!