Slow and Steady

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Turn Around: Nike + and the kinks

"Goals are dreams with deadlines."
~Diana Scharf Hunt
Oct 17th is just around the corner, Nike Women's Marathon, I am getting ready for you!

Wednesday Hump Day sounds funny, but like an out and back run it marks the turn around to the work week. This week seems to have blown by quickly, I have a short day tomorrow and Friday, then a 3 day weekend. Sometimes as relaxing as this is supposed to feel it is like time is slipping through my fingers.


Tonight was a great night. Totally went back to basics for dinner and made enchiladas and Mexican rice, Super hubby and the family were pleased. After dinner, and not enough time to digest dinner, I headed out to the track for my 6 mile run. I got there a little late and while I am not too annoyed by it, had I gotten there just 11 minutes earlier I could have finished all 6 miles. I felt good enough to finish, but the rest of the workout crew was not putting in as much time as I was and it got dark quickly. I almost stayed out there alone, but safety became a concern. I wrapped up my night with 5 miles instead of 6. Not bad considering I hardly keep up with my training in the first place. I did get a chance to start breaking in a new pair of trail shoes the hubby got me today. I put in 2 miles before switching over to my Mizuno's. 


The downside is when I "paused" my new Nike + sportband and resumed, the chrono resumed, but the miles did not so it looks like it took me 55:46 to run 1.93 miles. I was trying to calibrate it, but telling the computer program I actually did 5 miles not 1.93 was out of it's "range". So hopefully tomorrows 5 miles is better since I won't be pausing. If I still encounter issues, I am glad the Nike + van will be hanging out in the neigborhood Saturday. I love the website, I just need to become a proficient user of this easy little apparatus. Like the black with red accent? You can see it in the picture below.

The rest of the week is sure to be great, I have a running partner for tomorrow morning, 5 miles at 5AM, Friday 3 miles at 5:30AM and Saturday the Nike + van is showing up to the local running club workout. I am going to map out my 12 miles to include participating in the group run, changing it up should take the sting off 12 miles.


Happy running bloggy bloggers!


Thankful Three
  1. For a runner partner
  2. For a hubby whose side job is the baby whisperer, The Bug was asleep when I got home at 8:20 tonight
  3. For texting, my niece turned 21 today and was surprised with balloons, flowers and a limo and she was thoughtful enough to send me text photos right away. Hope she has a safe and fun night

5 comments:

Average Woman Runner said...

oh my - i think we have the same glasses frames!

Pahla said...

Awesome job getting it done after dinner! I love your headband!!!!

Christi said...

Great job on the run after dinner! That is something I have not been able to do. My stomach does not cooperate!

Teamarcia said...

I need to break in a new pair of shoes as well...too bad I haven't even bought them yet!

Anonymous said...

oooo I can never run after dinner. I always get cramps or feel really sluggish :(