Slow and Steady

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Motivation: Thankful

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
~Buddha

I know I have been absent. Thursday started out great, I put in my 5 miles, albeit slow, but then was hit by a sinus infection. Friday I put in my 3 miles, and my mile #3 was done in 9:44. Woo Hoo. Still sick though. Saturday my 12 miler turned into a 15 miler and now I am right back on track with my modified marathon training schedule. Good stuff! The downside, aside from my sinus infection, is that The Bug got a ick bug on Friday. Then Sunday The Duder got it and today Super Hubby got it. I am hopeful that I can avoid the ick bug. Am I complaining? No, not now. Sure I had moments of being annoyed that on a 3 day weekend I have gotten little rest. Or that when I get sick or hurt that my hubby one ups me by getting sicker or more hurt. Sometimes I just want to be babied. I want to milk it, stay in bed, be catered to etc. Some times I just want that break. I have been informed 2x today by 2 different people that  it'll be about 20 years before that happens and you know what? That is just fine with me...even if I want to complain about it every now & then. 

I found out on Friday that our friends granddaughter drowned. She is still alive, but it is not looking good, she was without oxygen for a very long time. She is 14 months old. It is painful to know anyone is going through this, but even worse that it is a family so close to us. It is hard not to be selfish some times about petty things. I have been petty this weekend, upset that I didn't get enough rest. Upset that I was sick on a 3 day weekend. Upset that I have an awkward work week ahead. But really, I am thankful I have my family so we could help each other through our illnesses. I am thankful that our illnesses are temporary. I am thankful for a bed to sleep in, a house to live in and food to eat. I am thankful that I am employed and have a job to go to tomorrow. I am thankful for friends.

I tend not to throw religion or spirituality on this blog too much. I generally don't ask for much either. But please pray, or send positive thoughts or anything that suits you. There is a 14 month old little girl, hooked up to all kinds of monitors that needs as much positive energy as possible. She has a mother and a father who are struggling with one of life's most impossible decisions. She has grandparents who are feeling the worst pain. Please give a small piece of your healthy, positive energy to family who so desperately needs it.

Thankful Three
  1. Faith
  2. Family
  3. Friends


3 comments:

Pahla said...

My thoughts are definitely with your friend's family...I can't imagine facing something like that.

Christi said...

I am sending positive thoughts to your friends and I am keeping them in my prayers. I am so sad that they are in such a horrible situation!

I love the thankful three and I am thankful for the same things.

I hope your family gets better soon!

Laura said...

So many people I know are getting sick...I am staying away.
So sorry about your friends and their child...hoping thing turn around.