Slow and Steady

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Five-the late night edition

  1. So I completely rocked my own party yesterday. I took about 2 hours off from work and hit the road for about a 3 1/2 mile run then 1000 yard swim at the gym pool.
  2. If the workout yesterday wasn't enough, I completely rocked the Wine Club night and took first with an Aussie Merlot. It was an inexpensive bottle called Jacob's Creek. Go team Jacob!
  3. I really need to sleep more, but the children did not cooperate tonight. Of course the night before a race my Bug decides that her 8:30 bed time isn't working for her and goes down at closer to 10:00 +. I fell asleep with her, but couldn't stay asleep because I needed to pack for tomorrow and blog of course.
  4. My hubs is seriously superman. Rock'n dinner tonight AND he installed my bike pack, pump and extra water bottle holder while I tended to my motherly torture duty of pumping for my bug.
  5. Wish me luck for tomorrow. My superman husband keeps pushing me to shoot for 1:49. my previous time was 1:57:29. I have not trained for this at all so I am not certain shaving 8+ minutes off my time is an appropriate goal. I think trying to stay under 2 hours is a little more my speed. Last race I didn't feel like I left it all out there so I'll try to push it a little more tomorrow.

Thankful Three
  1. For race day registration, I missed the online cut off.
  2. For racing 9 pounds lighter than last months race
  3. For an 8 mile long run this weekend, a wee bit tired right now to be thinking about a longer run than that.

4 comments:

Christi said...

Good luck with your race and congrats on the 9lb loss. That is great!

Pahla said...

I'm sure you did fantastic!! I was trying to look for you this morning, but damn there were a lot of us in pink swim caps. Can't wait to hear about your race!

abbi said...

Hope your race went well! Will look forward to hearing about it!

Julie said...

I am glad that you had fun with your wine night! I can't wait to hear how your race went! I love the picture of you in your red racing shirt! Congrats on the 9lb weight loss too:)