Slow and Steady

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Five-Behavioral Based Questions




    1. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way. Husband: I feel obligated to take the kids to LA with us. Me: I see that this is important to you, however have you thought of the fact that we'll be in a car with a 2 yr old and an 8 month old for 6 hours each way. Have you considered that they will not have a good place to nap if we do an overnight trip and have to check out of a hotel by noon? Result: great short trip with hubby where we can go out to eat, not stress over a sitter and sleep late.
    2. Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills. Um I am a working mom, so that is pretty much every day. But most recently I would say that getting over the guilt and letting my husband ask the inlaws if they would watch the kids while I went for a run at the local fleet feet on NIke tour bus day. Yes, even 3 miles in 99 degree heat I consider coping.
    3. Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem. Problem: It is the day before my Bday trip and I still hadn't made time to get See's Chocolate. Good Judgement: Kids obviously need to get ready for bed so I bathed and dressed them. Logic: No one cares if your kids are in PJs at the mall at 8:30 at night because you need your chocolate fix (at least not in my town). Pushed bed time about 20 minutes late, but avoided a chocolate emergency.
    4. Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it. Goal: Put in for the Leadership Development Program at work. Not only did I get my application in by the deadline, I scored well enough to be referred to the selecting official and was interviewed this morning. LOTS of behavioral based questions.
    5. Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks. Please refer to question 2, I am a mom and always have too many things to do. So daily I set my priorities and daily I generally fail to accomplish all of them. I am however an excellent list maker and am fully aware of what I am not getting done and surprisingly the things I manage to accomplish in my crazy days.

    Thankful Three
    1. For http://www.quintcareers.com/sample_behavioral.html
    2. For my interview which went way better than expected
    3. For my cousin who sup'd up a vintage Schwin and invited me on a ride tomorrow morning 

      1 comment:

      Christi said...

      Cool! Love the questions!