Slow and Steady

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Five

1. This week was my last week in a temporary job. Not this best week to try a new fitness challenge, but there you have it. I committed to the Three Changes Challenge and so far I am only 1 for 3. I am supposed to skip eating after 8:00, tough, but, CHECK! I am supposed to go no more than 2 days between workouts...um, not so good. Five minutes of abs daily? Well, ok not great there either. Now that this job madness is over it is time to kick it up a notch. I am back to working close to home so I am thinking riding to work a couple days a week and running after work a couple days a week. I have 1 hour of my life back daily (darn commute) and I plan to make the most of it. Trying to reach the end of a never-ending job was not the best priority to set for my last week at this job. What suffered? Workouts, down time, family time etc. Tough lesson to learn, but learned. Now moving on.

2. Tomorrow is practice Tri Day. 400 yd open water swim, 15 mile bike, 3 mile run. Soooo Excited. I haven't done a tri yet this year so I am really ready see what my jumping off point is. My next sprint tri is not until June 5th so I will have plenty of time to start making efforts to improve. I know my bike time is faster, and my run times are coming down since having a baby, but all three sports need more consistent efforts to improve. If you remember a few weeks back I said I have had the mentality of just being a finisher, but now I look forward to racing against myself. I believe you fancy people out there call it a hunt for the next PR.

3. My 18 year old nephew/former swimmer has taken up running. He thoroughly enjoys exploring the boundaries of his small town and his physical fitness. I am bringing him to join my Tri Club and participate in the practice Tri. If I rope him in, I will have a new workout partner & race buddy, even though he is way faster than I am.

4. My friend with a 7 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy just found out she is pregnant. They thought they were done and here they are waiting for baby #3. It gives me hope that maybe my hubby, who for all intents and purposes has declared we are done with our 2 1/2 year old boy and 6 month old girl, might change his mind. I know that I could be convinced, my goodness while I may not be the best athlete, I am damn good at making some good looking kids. Too boastful? I think not, my kids are awesome, already well mannered and the sweetest people you'll ever meet.


5. Ok, enough stalling, here is the news you have all been waiting for, drum roll please.........I won the lottery!!!!!




Yup, this is what I got in my email inbox today. The only way to get into the race without fund raising is by lottery. Now it is time to get super geared up for my official "A" race of the year. Of course there will be the official selection of my Tri "A" race, but for now, I plan to just float on my happy running cloud. I have a feeling I am going to look good wearing Tiffany's.




1 comment:

Christi said...

Congratulations on the your race entry! I am super-jazzed for you. I hope you enjoy every minute and don't forget to have fun with the firemen at the end!

Congrats to your friend and have a great time at your tri practice