Slow and Steady

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Five




  1. Ok, can I get a high five for surviving the week?! Anyone?
  2. In case you missed my last post, I have a new bike. Like a BRAND NEW road bike. I'm pretty excited for my Tri teams 25 mile ride + run, brick workout tomorrow...stay away rain!
  3. My big boy had his first day of school in big boy underpants...we call them Chonies. I am pretty proud and sad all at the same time. Where does the time go?
  4. This month I have 2 events: a 50K bike ride on April 18th that us fancy folk like to call a metric half century...sounds way cooler doesn't it? I also have a practice tri with my TRI club on April 24th. I feel like I want to do way more, but the weekends just keep filling up.
  5. My big half marathon (Avenue of the Giants) is May 2nd. After my 20K trail run last month, I know I can at least finish, but my new approach to athletics is to compete against myself. Yup you read that right, C-O-M-P-E-T-E. This means more diligent training. Ugh, I wish I was better at prioritizing running as a necessity vs. a luxury! Really, I just procrastinate, then complain. Procrastinate, then complain and sometimes get a workout in. Apparently this does not make for effective and consistent training.
Have a Fabulous Friday and Wonderful Weekend. Swim, Bike, Run and Have Fun!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Here's your high five and fist pump for a great week of training! You go girl!