- Ok, can I get a high five for surviving the week?! Anyone?
- In case you missed my last post, I have a new bike. Like a BRAND NEW road bike. I'm pretty excited for my Tri teams 25 mile ride + run, brick workout tomorrow...stay away rain!
- My big boy had his first day of school in big boy underpants...we call them Chonies. I am pretty proud and sad all at the same time. Where does the time go?
- This month I have 2 events: a 50K bike ride on April 18th that us fancy folk like to call a metric half century...sounds way cooler doesn't it? I also have a practice tri with my TRI club on April 24th. I feel like I want to do way more, but the weekends just keep filling up.
- My big half marathon (Avenue of the Giants) is May 2nd. After my 20K trail run last month, I know I can at least finish, but my new approach to athletics is to compete against myself. Yup you read that right, C-O-M-P-E-T-E. This means more diligent training. Ugh, I wish I was better at prioritizing running as a necessity vs. a luxury! Really, I just procrastinate, then complain. Procrastinate, then complain and sometimes get a workout in. Apparently this does not make for effective and consistent training.
Have a Fabulous Friday and Wonderful Weekend. Swim, Bike, Run and Have Fun!