You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.
I totally missed my Friday Five Post so you get a little of everything today:
- Meredith over at Therapeutic Runnings of a Mother has a Friday "I commit" thing going, you should totally check her our. She has 5 kids, looks fantastic and still has time to "commit" to a bazillion health efforts. She's kinda awesome like that. She asked how it was going for me, so this will also double as my update on Marcia's fantastic Runbbatical idea.
- Sunday 10/31 was the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run (5K)
- Monday was 45 minutes of Krav Maga
- Tuesday was an hour bike ride
- Wednesday was 45 minutes of Krav Maga
- Thursday-wow, I am fairly sure I can't remember Thursday
- Today? Well it's only mid day so I am still hopeful for a run when the kids wake up.
- To see my original Runbbatical Goals go HERE they will also double as my "I commit" posts through December. I definitely need to get my run's in.
- Amanda has a PR challenge HERE that is wrapping up this month. The person I am partnered with Laura has her marathon this weekend. She is going to complete rock wish her luck HERE.
- I went out last night. No really don't laugh, I actually went out. Had a nice dinner with friends, went to a bar to see Roger Cline and the Peacemakers (swear we were the youngest people there which pretty much means we're old). I was so excited because I don't go out that I couldn't decide what to wear. Before you think I put on a super fancy "little black dress." The number I am wearing is actually a GO LITE reversable, quick drying easy to pack dress that I bought myself this past summer for my birthday. I didn't get home until 2AM. I have no idea how I stayed awake. Actually I slept on the drive home from 1-2, but still even 1AM was kinda nuts. I need to nap soon while my kids are both down for a nap.
- I am so excited for my bike ride tomorrow. It is an easy 50K with lots of stops. Did I say lots of stops, because really it's alot. The start and finish are at the same winery. There are 5 wineries on the map for tasting plus two more considered "rest" stops. Apparently tasting wine isn't a rest. The down side is it is supposed to rain. Goodness, I hope mother nature goes easy on us.
- Today is my husband day off from normal family responsibilities. Kind of. Today he is helping his fishing buddy work on his new house in exchange for some fishing later. Hope he's having a great time. I took advantage of some quality kid time. We survived a trip to the bagel shop and went into my home town to hang out at a park. I really miss my home town. I sent a mass text to my extend family to tell them where and what time me and the kids would be hanging out and this is what happened below. My little ones are on the left.
Ok, you have heard enough from me. I have to run today, wear rain gear for my ride tomorrow. Run as schedule this week and get this flat belly party started.
What are you up to?
- Home town family love
- It's It ice cream while watching Vampire Diaries on the DVR
- Awesome Bloggers with motivating activities to keep the winter fun