Slow and Steady

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Monday Motivation: I Run To Be...

I Run To Believe.


So one of these days I am going to Be-confident all the time, Be-proud of myself all the time, Be-Me ALL THE TIME. 100% ME, without apology!

I guess this weekend was a good time to start BElieving in myself. I only have a few minutes to make this an actual, "Monday" Motivation Blog so I'll keep it short. On Saturday I had no hotel and no real belief I was actually going to make it to the starting line. I begged my husband at dinner Saturday night to take me home, I was almost in tears several times. We planned to sleep in the back of our truck near the race since I had not booked a hotel. Why didn't I book a hotel for my "A" race of the year? Because I was not confident I would actually follow through. We decided at about 8:30 that night, after a dinner in the city, to stay at a hotel 45 minutes outside the city and just drive in in the morning. When my husband suggested this I said we could just go home and drive the full 1.5 hours and skip the hotel expense. He so wisely noted that if I go home, I will not show up to the start line.

Final Finish Time 5:34:05. In case you were wondering, my only other marathon attempt and finish was San Diego Rock n Roll in 2006 and I finished in 6:23:37. You could say I am pretty proud of myself.

Thankful Three
  1. For my husband, he got me to the start line and almost quite literally to the finish
  2. For my new bling
  3. For me
More to come in future posts: 
A full race report and 26.2 reasons I Run To Be

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big ol' PR - Congrats!

Beckey said...

Good for you! Props to your husband for not backing down and for helping you be your best you.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear read all about it!

Pahla said...

I'm SO proud of you!!! I can't wait to read the whole report, congrats!!!

Laura said...

CONGRATS!!! Me thinks I will be sending you a congrats package...I hope my race goes at least half as well as yours!

Christi said...

You girlfriend rocked this race and I am so proud of you and your accomplishment. I cannot wait to read the full race report!

Christi said...

P.S. You won my Tuesday Hero Award. Congrats!

Teamarcia said...

Go YOU! I'm so glad you followed through and got it done. Congrats!

KovasP said...

Great improvement!