Lead me not into temptation;
I can find the way myself.
~Rita Mae Brown
I have had a fantastic weekend so far, I am not so sure tomorrow is looking the same. I am not as young as I once was. Check out this weekend's itinerary:
- Left town for the cabin house. I love getting out of town.
- Ate German chocolate cake, drank a great bottle of wine from Michael David called Rapture and watched Love Actually. Then moved on to Bridget Jone's Diary while still drinking and snacking on brie and crackers.
- Woke up pretty leisurely.
- Popped in the movie Chocolat, cut a slice of German chocolate cake for breakfast and a little brie and crackers too
- Headed out to the nearest Starbucks
- Hit winery No. 1 Toscano
- Winery No. 2 Brays-Bought the 2007 Table Red and 2008 Barbera
- Fantastic lunch at TASTE
- Cheese plate
- Butternut Squash gnocci with pearl onions, bacon, kale, and toasted pine nuts
- Sweet Fall Dessert
- Persimmon cake with pumpkin gelato, and an array of other fantastic pumpkin stuff
- Winery No. 3 Sobon Estates-bought the 2009 Tannat and 2009 Primitivo
- Option 1:
- wake up at 4am drive 40 minutes to meet a friend at 5:15 to drive another 30 minutes to meet a larger group of girls, then drive another 1.5 hours to a Raider vs. Lions game
- Option 2:
- wake up at 7:30, leave at 8:00, drive 45 minutes, jump on a train for 20 minutes and meet up with the girls at the game around 9:00.
Pro to option 2 I get to sleep in and I have the option to stay after to tailgate or go home if I am not up for it. Option 2 sounds like the way to go, but I just don't know. I forgot to mention, I don't even watch football, so this event is entirely social. Actually my friends birthday is at the end of the month so this is our celebration day!
Why I Kick A$$: I have some great friends and fun options for my weekends.
- For my family who is supportive of me getting girl time
- For my friends who come up with such fun adventures
- For the upcoming 3 day work week