Slow and Steady

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Turn Around: I.HEART.VALENTINES.DAY.

Who, being loved, is poor? 
~Oscar Wilde

Wednesday HUMP day sounds funny, but like an out and back run it marks the turn around to the work week. This week is extra special because I have Friday off so Wednesday is kinda like Thursday, right? Ok Oscar Wilde, I get it. I am loved, what more do I need? Well, in this day and age of luxury, presents are nice too! Super Hubby and I don't do big gifts, but it is nice to be made to feel special on Valentines Day. Melissa over at Melissa's Adventure in Living Life paired up a few of us interested bloggers for a Valentine's Day Gift Exchange. I am super excited. I just got my partner's name emailed to me on Sunday and have been reading through some of her archived blog posts to get some gift ideas. It is so funny how much one can find in common with another person just by virtue of having a blogger in common. I am excited to shop for my gift. Part of the exchange is to post answers to the following questions so here goes:

1.  Handmade gifts?  Love or hate? LOVE
2.  Gift cards?  Love or tacky? LOVE
3.  What type of theater do you frequent (like Cinemark, etc)? Regal Cinemas
4.  Coffee?  addict, like, can't stand?  Starbucks, home, other? Like. Home we use Keurig. Out we do Starbucks.
5.  Do you read?  Books you've been wanting to read?  Type of books you like? Love to read! I like best seller list stuff like: Little Bee, Water for Elephants, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Help, but indulge in teen books like Twilight, The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner (all series). I have been wanting to read Freakonomics.
6.  3 Favorite running accessories Garmin, Gloves and some sort of head band, hat or other sweat catching/hair taming accessory.
7.  Kids?  Ages? Two kids, 3 and 1.
8.  Pets? Two dogs, a cat and a box turtle
9.  3 things you can't leave home without Glasses, iPhone and rubber band for my hair
10.  3 Favorite magazines.  Current subscription? Runner's World (subscribe), Oprah (do not subscribe, but should), Self (do not subscribe)
11.  When you are in a running slump, what motivates you? Races and new running gear
12.  Complete the sentence, "My favorite thing about running/exercise is the sense of accomplishment"
13.  Shoe size/t shirt size 10 1/2 shoe, Large shirt
14.  3 Favorite Valentine's candies See's Nuts & Chews, the cherry gummy heart things and Chocolate covered fruit (strawberries, cherries etc.)

Why I Kick A$$: Because tomorrow night I get to have a few beers with some very smart people. All of them have at one point been Fellows in the prestigious Presidential Management Fellows Program. Do I kick ass because I get to have beers with smart people? No. I kick ass because I.AM. one of those smart people.
Thankful Three:
  1. For PMF's who keep in touch
  2. For Valentine's Day Bloggy Gift Exchanges
  3. For great reads

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Water for Elephants and I cannot wait for the movie to come out! I just wish it didn't have that twilight guy in it.

Christi said...

That sounds like a great exchange!

Emz said...

I loved this post.

That quote ---- awesome.

Melissa said...

Love this! You DO kick ass!!!!

Chris K said...

Way to get all thoughtful for your gift exchange.

Emz said...

Your. Comment.

I
Freaking
Loved
It.

Awesome.
Thank you.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Your book tastes sound so much like mine. Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned while your husband is away!