Slow and Steady

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday Sampler: Where has the time gone?

Ok, lap top battery is dying and moving around to plug it in my wake up the kids so here goes something quick:

  • Somehow, I caught the discipline bug? Minimized both gluten and diary in December, worked like a charm. Weight management improved and most importantly, inflammation improved.
  • Was afraid of the whole cold turkey thing, but went for it. Completed a Whole30 in January. More to come on the details.
  • Did another body fat test. Results 9/7= 21% body fat, results 1/4= 19% body fat. This is all with losing my Olympic lifting style late November in favor of more body weight exercises. More PT updates in another post soon.
  • Job Change! Still a manager, just moved facilities. Totally thought the commute was going to be life altering in a bad way. Instead, the commute is a non-issue. The life altering came from having a single facility to myself, I am really enjoying it.
  • Reading: Divergent was great! It Starts With Food is a must read. Currently reading Wild, by Cheryl Strayed and day dreaming about wondering into the Forrest soon.
Why I Kick A$$: Did you not read that I completed Whole30?
The Big Picture: The are more ways to fitness that one style of activity and I'm loving the lesson.
Thankful Three:
  1. For my supportive family during the Whole30
  2. For my supportive friends during the Whole30
  3. For these few minutes to post, my kids are awake now so gotta go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you wake the kids up? They were such perfect angels while they were asleep...

Pahla said...

Reading the list of "do not eats" for the Whole30 gave me the shivers. You are AWESOME!

Christi said...

Howdy! So glad that things are going well for you!