Slow and Steady

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Turn Around-You can't fake the funk!

Wednesday Hump Day sounds funny, but like an out and back run it marks the turn around to the work week. I have felt so blog land lost lately. Time is slipping through my grasp and I am getting nothing done. There is no impending doom that I fear and that I am falling towards. Nope, time is racing for no reason at this point. So Sunday Summary was skipped this week, again. Monday motivation was skipped this week too, NO MOTIVATION. I attempted a Tuesday Tidbit, only to realize I was going to be late for work. So here I am on Wednesday with a little recap and thankful for the turn around.


I already had a couple posts last week so I'll start with Saturday. Saturday we went to a friends birthday party. Now before you think adult, age appropriate festivities, let me correct you. We played Fooze Ball (Spelling?), pool, beer pong (my hubby not me) and were expected to stay all night. I was home by 10:00 and I am barely recovering. It is just not my scene anymore, but we have an obligation to oblige our youthful friend. Sometimes though "you just can't fake the funk." He is great and comes to all the kids birthday parties, travels over an hour ever week to play softball here in town with his friends etc. While I get he only asks us for this one thing every year, I felt like it took away some of my weekend that I would have preferred to use in a more productive way. Enough complaining, I know I am sounding selfish, but it is Wednesday and like I said I am recovering. No not from drinking necessarily, but from not having had a weekend.


Sunday I was regretting that I had a scheduled 7:15 am running date followed by a 9:00 bike date with someone else. About a 1/4 mile into my run I was so glad I had had something scheduled or I would've ended up lounging all day. So 4 miles run/walked then 13.5 miles on the bike and due to a flat tire on my cousin's bike I got in 1 more mile of running. He got a flat so we cut our ride short and were going to try & make it home but it totally deflated. I gave him my bike, told him to go get his truck and come back for me. I ran with his bike for a mile before he got to me. I am going to go ahead and call it a Brick workout:)


Monday, oh ridiculous Monday. Monday was a whole other type of funk. I felt anxiety over nothing, like knots in my stomach. What's that all about. Tuesday, same freaking thing! Ugh, I don't get it. Trust me this is not a funk I would even try to fake, but I am glad that The Turn Around Wednesday seems to be exactly that, a turn around. I think sleeping in today helped a lot, but I need to get active to really feel like myself again.


On the schedule this week Tues-4 miles, Wednes-4 miles, Thurs-4 miles, Sat-10 miles, Sun-3 miles. Not too bad except I already missed Tuesday. I plan on switching Sat & Sun because I am doing a sprint distance TRI on Saturday. I haven't been in the pool in weeks, I need to make time tonight or Friday for a quick swim and make sure I still know how.


On the fun front? More FUNK! In a good way. Tomorrow is my girls wine club night. Chardonnay is our wine theme, but we also have a dress up theme, 80's night! Woo Hoo, I am excited, but still need to find time after work to pick up a few accessories. There is just not enough time in the day.




Thankful Three

  1. For sleep
  2. For the prospect of a good TRI this weekend
  3. For wine club tomorrow night, I need a girls night that is more "my scene"








2 comments:

Christi said...

I hope you have fun at wine club! An eighties themed night is just what you need!

Kerrie said...

Glad things are calming down. I know how you feel. Can't wait to see the 80s outfit! Fun!