Slow and Steady

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday Tibit: Inconsistency

There are those who would misteach us that 
to stick in a rut is consistency--
and a virture; 
and that to climb out of a rut is inconsistency-- 
and a vice.
~Mark Twain

My blogging, like my running seems to be pretty inconsistent these days. I wonder what the corrleations might be. That if I don't have time to run, I obviously don't have time to blog? Or maybe I blog only when I have had a chance to run? I am guessing it is a combination. There are days when I know I have time to blog at night, but I am so tired I don't. There are times I give in to being tired because I haven't run and I am too ashamed to blog about it. Do you do this? Come on, admit it, you judge just a little don't you? If you don't, I love how genuinely nice you are. If you do? Well, I forgive you, I can't help myself sometimes either.

The blog world is such a great place to share experiences, but what if you aren't experiencing anything "blog worthy?" Well I think my inconsistency is blog worthy. I am know I am not alone when it comes to trying to find balance. I scour my blog roll, and the recommendations of the people I read most frequently, to find bloggers like you figuring it out. Some days it seems we all have it covered and others, I find solace in someone elses struggles. It sounds a little awful to say it that way, but really when one finds another who is having a challenging time that feeling of being alone disappears and suddenly it's us slackers against the world! At least for the moment. I wish "figuring it out" was a permanent state.

I haven't blogged in a week. A week exactly today. I have wanted to, but Wednesday was busy, Thursday was busy and Fri-today I have not had total internet access. Maybe a little 3G on my iPhone here and there...enough for Hanging with Friends, but not blog worthy connection for my lap top. Like I mentioned above, sometimes it is easier to blog when I have been running, the confidence is up and that slackertastic feeling subsides enough to put words to work. Not that I have run today yet, but I have run 2 out of the last 3 days and I haven't totally written today off yet. Today is a me day and that may or may not include a run. Having run, even just a few miles over the last few days has made a world of difference in my attitude about writing, I even bought a new notepad yesterday for some real pen to paper writing. Right now I am at a lovely cafe, with my white wine sangria, cheese and salumi plate and baguette with EVOO and balsamic. It is beautiful out on the patio with the sun shinning and a light breeze blowing. I am not rich. I actually dream far too frequently about winning the lottery, but today I feel rich. The materialistic, money havingd, doing nothing on a week day because I can, RICH! Now rich in love and family? Shoot, I feel that everyday and wouldn't trade it for Mega Millions jackpot.

I have no idea where this post is going other that to say hey, sorry I'm a slacker...well sometimes. I hope this Tuesday finds you well and I hope your life is in balance and your efforts are consistent. Cheers!


Why I Kick A$$: Whenever I fall off the wagon, jumping back on is never as hard as it seems. Proud to be back on the running wagon after a couples week hiatus vacation.

Thankful Three:
  1. Nap Time so hubby could stay with the kids while I enjoy the cafe
  2. White wine sangria, not my usual choice, but delightful on this beautiful summer day
  3. Embarrassing moments, no I will not share, but it was definitely one for the books!

No comments: