Do not cease to drink beer, to eat,
to intoxicate thyself, to make love,
and to celebrate the good days.
Ok, it's been a beer week for me. A little Summerfest goes a long way and so does Red Stripe for that matter. While I was disappointed in my 5 pound weight gain over the birthday weekend, I have not been motivated to totally get back on track with calorie counting. The good news? A little beer, chili colorado, pizza, taquitos and Jack in the Box this week has not exacerbated the issue, this morning I was not up the 5 pounds I was on Monday, I was only up 1.5 pounds and that is totally manageable. While my eating and exercising hasn't been perfect I am celebrating the "good days" and today was a good day. Now on to the Friday Five:
- I have not gone to a swim workout all week. I have been staying up too late and not able to get up early enough to swim. Not the end of the world, but I love it so much ...why is it so hard to convince myself I don't really need the extra sleep in the AM. A good swim workout goes a lot farther for my day than 1 hour of sleep.
- Running. Ah, I love running and I got to have a change of scenery Thursday when we started from my running partners place instead of mine. Perfect.
- Work, yeah, um???? I bought ice cream for the staff today. I think ice cream Friday's needs to be a summer trend...could get expensive though. Gasp, could even get boring for people? Nah, ice cream is always awesome.
- Tomorrow I have got 10 on the schedule. Here is where social media comes in to save the day. I posted to Facebook that I was doing 10 miles, long and slow (11-11:30 min miles) and while I didn't get a taker for all 10, but a fellow Delta Tri Club member happens to be in my neighborhood tomorrow and is going cover 5 with me. Seriously, this totally makes my day. Thanks in advance KA.
- I got the best text today. My BFF texted and invited me on a lady overnight date in SF soon. We're working out details, but I am already so super excited, great city, great food, great friendship--it's going to be super-fantastic.
Why I Kick A$$: Because even when I eat fattening food I kinda lose weight. Remember Monday I was up 5 pounds and now I am only up 1.5 AND I have been eating whatever I want.
- For tot t-ball, super cute
- For Coconut water
- For my new Runner's World magazine (makes everyday a good day)