Slow and Steady

Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Motivation: Soccer Mom

Being a mother is learning about 
strengths you didn't know you had, 
and dealing with fears 
you didn't know existed.  
~Linda Wooten

Warning: I do not talk about anything exercise or health food related in this blog post.

I will spare you my nightmares about The Duder going to kindergarten....good lord if this is bad, I do not think I'll be ready to send him off to college. Instead I will proudly announce that it is official:
I am a soccer mom! 
I know I am so excited I already want to go shopping for a small SUV. How did this happen you ask? Well my 4-year old came home from school one day and said, "Mama, I think it's time I learn to play soccer." The quotes are there for a reason folks, this is actually how he said it. As it happens, registration for Tot Soccer had just started so I signed him up. His first game was Saturday and my son did AWESOME! I don't mean to brag, yes I do, but he is a natural. He scored a goal and everything. This is what he looks like when he is not in the game.

Now if you didn't think my son was awesome enough, try seeing the world through his eyes. Actual quote from Saturday's lunch, "Papa look, its the Millennium Falcon!"
 So you got to read about Treat Yo'self, but I am not completely selfish. Last weekend I treated the kids to a trip to Build-A-Bear. We had gotten a gift card at The Bug's first birthday, but she was far to young to enjoy it. She is older now and figure it was time spend that card and a bit more so The Duder could partake. Yeah, she was still too young, but Duder really loved it. I am lame and didn't capture the cool in the store Bear Building, Washing and Dressing, but these faces capture their happiness with their new treats. A bunny named Bunny and a camo bear named Fuzzy.
Apparently the boxes are wicked awesome.
The Bug is all about dressing herself these days. Let me just remind my non-tribe friends here that Chanukah was over in December.
Why I Kick A$$: I raise awesome children....ok Super Hubby helps does it all and I his wife so I kick a$$ for that LOL
The Big Picture: Who cares if it is not Chanukah, my daughter if self confident enough that she wears what makes her feel happy. I am sure one day we will be living in a Halloween costume in summer, and I am ready.
Thankful Three
  1. For kids educated in all things Star Wars
  2. For a happy family
  3. For a break from health food, workout blogging today

4 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats to your son and his soccer exploits! I hope he enjoys every minute!

"For kids educated in all things Star Wars" I have trained my son in the ways of the force as well!

ajh said...

Your kids are so so so cute!

Pahla said...

Hahahahaha! I just wore a Halloween shirt YESTERDAY and embarassed the heck out of my kids by wearing it in public. Your kiddos are so stinkin' cute!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I loved when my son started soccer! It is a proud moment :)