I am super excited and bummed all at the same time. I registered for a great trail run this Saturday in the Marin Headlands, but bummed because I tweaked my back at work yesterday/today and couldn't run today. I am not a big fan of files, filing cabinets, new ergonomic chairs being delivered or the 57 boxes that were unloaded today as part of our workstation replacement. Seriously, moving boxes etc.. is not my favorite workout. Good news is that my run is only a 5 mile run, I am going to have great company and it will probably rain. Trail runs in the rain=mud. Yippy, I can hardly contain my excitement. While it is only 5 miles, mud makes it feel super hard core.
New favorite things this week:
- My B Complex vitamins which have done wonders and I am only 3 days in. I feel energetic, focused and not having the bingey junk food cravings.
- Sobon Estate ReZerve 2005 Carignane....OMG soooooo good.
- Oatmeal. So I was reading a blog (sorry I don't remember which one) and the author talked about yummy oatmeal with peanut butter and chocolate chips. Then this month's Runner's World had an article about dressing up oatmeal as a good recovery meal. On the way to the snow Saturday we stopped at Jamba Juice and they had a new pecan & dried cherries oatmeal. I just couldn't get away from oatmeal. So I have been on a steel cut oats kick since then. Don't get the wrong "healthful" idea, I add so much stuff it is far from healthy. My favorite: Cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, butter, pecans, dried blue berries, cherries and a medley of raisins. My son's favorite: peanut butter, bananas & pecans. Hubby: brown sugar & raisins
- Cracking the sleep routine code with my 3 month old. Yes she sleeps through the night, but we wanted to go from a 11:00/12:00 bed time to a 8:00/9:00 bed time. SUCCESS!
- Finally, yes, this lap top has made the favorites list.
Not my favorite this week:
- Getting a short 4-day week at work, only to feel 8 hours behind.
- Moving office crap and tweaking my back.
- The mean man in the middle lane that would speed up and slow down when I tried to pass or drop behind him to get to the slow lane and catch my exit. NOT COOL!
- Earl Grey Tea. I don't drink much caffeine. Coffee makes me shake like I'm strung out, but I enjoy a nice black tea every now & then. Earl Grey is officially not one of them. My fingers were shaking while typed at work yesterday and I had a lingering bitter taste on my teeth that no amount of brushing could get rid of. Sadly, I could get suckered into trying it again, I guess that is how addicts are created.
- That the final season of LOST is supposed to answer all my questions and yesterday's episode just left me with more.
Thanks for reading, I am hoping to have a "Registration Station" post soon with a list of my race registrations for the coming year. If they don't get on my calendar soon, I may find myself slacking even more with training or worse....risk the events filling before I can sign up.