Slow and Steady

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

So if you haven't figured out by the few posts I have already done, I am a list maker. New Year's Resolutions could be considered my Super Bowl type effort. In years past it has been. I'd draft a list longer than is feasible, then feel like a failure for the rest of the year. While I still have projections via calendars with all the races I wish I had the time to do or commitment to train for, I have morphed into a daily resolutions girl.

Today I resolved to purge and sort things for shredding. I got some done, which is better than nothing. In the process I found my Runner's World Magazine subscription past due notice. So today I finally renewed my membership that expired in July. Don't get me wrong, I am a faithful reader, but at least now I am not spending $5 a magazine to buy it in store. I give myself extra points for both of these accomplishments today. I have one more resolution for myself for today, but think I'll put it off since it's late and I am too tired to shop online. Yup, too tired to stay up for an hour to ring in the new year. Oh, back to the one more resolution. I need more sports bras. I ran today in the worst sports bra I own. I should really throw it out, but then I would have one less than I currently have and my wardrobe cannot suffer the loss right now. Ah, there you go, another accomplishment, I ran today and I took my toddler in his jogging stroller. One more thing on my list of to-do's, scour Craigslist for a better jogging stroller. I hear winter is the best time to look, as all the summer time stroller purchases by ambitious parents make their way into virtual garage sale land.

See, who needs a one time a year master resolution list when I can torture myself daily. This blog, for however long it lasts, will embody my ever growing and evolving resolutions.

Good night and Happy New Year.

No comments: