Slow and Steady

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Motivation: Today's motivation is brought to you by the letter "P"

We must take care always to keep ourselves,
by suitable establishments,
in a respectable defensive posture.
~George Washington

OMG what does that quote even mean? LOL Actually, I picked this quote because today my employer (the Federal Govt.) has given it's workforce the day off to honor our forefathers. Tomorrow is the nations best guess at George Washington's birthday so I am going with GW for today's quote. I also like this quote because it can be applied to our own individual lives.

Today's motivation is brought to you by the letter "P" and as GW said, we must keep ourselves in a respectable defensive POSTURE. For me lately that has meant focusing on my food intake and building consistency with my workouts. In this way I am posturing myself to defend against aging prematurely & keeping my body healthy and protected as much as possible against disease.

My suitable establishments? The gym, the outdoors, farmer's markets, even my choice to walk at lunch and my snack choices are a reflection of the suitable established practices of a healthy person. Being a healthy person is respectable. Being a healthy person is who I want to be and what I want to look like. First impressions say so much about a person and I want someone to look at me and know I am an athlete. I want to unconsciously stand tall and keep good posture. In order to do that, I know I need to focus more on my CORE. So today I tried something new! I tried pilates and it was just delightful. It was mat-pilates, no machines. I definitely understood the different exercises and how they played into my normal daily activities and I would like to incorporate more of this in my workout routine. No I haven't been living under a rock, I have known about pilates, but most places around here do their classes mid-morning and there is no way I can work that into my schedule except on days like today when I have the day off and gyms still offer classes.

The Big Picture: Posture is as much about how you position your body, as it is how you carry yourself. Attitude, energy and communication are huge factors in positive healthy posturing.
Why I Kick A$$: I have played gourmet chef the last two days and the food has been great!
Thankful Three:
  1. For new Golite clothes that shipped today, YAY!
  2. For workout partners, having them makes such a huge difference.
  3. For sleep, I got plenty of it last night and I have room for a short nap right now! Nighty, nite!

1 comment:

Christi said...

That is a great thing to focus on! Go get it girl!