We cannot do everything at once,
but we can do something at once.
It is the end of Day 5 and I am trucking along on this 7 day temporary eating adjustment. I made some bad decisions the first couple of days, but feel like it is getting easier every day.
- Pretty significant success with seemingly small adjustments
- Feel rested
- Managing cravings pretty easily
- Weighing myself everyday
- Expecting weight loss everyday
- Tough finding a food that will fill me up and satisfy me the same way bread does
Awesome things over the last few days:
- Made the Tomato-Garbanzo bean soup from December Runner's World issue-YUMMY
- Hit the gym and did sprints tonight, I can run pretty fast for short stints, pretty awesome
- I get a repeat of my gym date tonight tomorrow night! Yay for my niece!!
- Last night I got a FB Wall Post asking if I wanted to run CIM next year...um, yes please!
The Big Picture: My rational brain keeps reminding me that it is not reasonable to weigh myself everyday or expect weight loss everyday. In 5 days I have lost about 6lbs. I know that is fast and that rapid weight loss is not good, but I think of my 10lb total gain, the 6 that came off quickly just didn't have time to settle in when they first showed up. These next 4 lbs are likely to be much more formidable.
Why I Kick A$$: I usually run casually at 5.0-6.0 on the treadmill. I hit 9.0 for my sprints. Apparently I can be fast in short bursts.
- For strategic planning sessions at work-so super fun
- For Pesto, OMG I am loving me some Pesto these days
- For the hot shower I am about to take--good night!