Slow and Steady

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Summary: What to blog about?

what to blog about?
  • Grandmas amazingly beautiful funeral service and the closure I now feel? Weight totally lifted. Nah, I'll leave this for my Thoughtful Thursday post.
  • Being, for the millionth time in the last two months, "back on track" with runs this past week on Tuesday 2.5, Thursday 4.0 and today 6.0 plus a basketball game in the afternoon? Nah.
  • How tomorrow is my first day in my new job and I'm super nervous? Uh, nope that'll probably give me more anxiety.
  • Oooh, I know, how about I tell you how Saturday was spent catching tadpoles...uh, yeah that's it. Family time catching tadpoles. The End. Hopefully I'll upload a cute picture soon on this subject.
  • Chile Colorado? Yeah, I have been craving it a lot lately. To my surprise, I came home to homemade Chile Colorado. My hubby is a genius in the kitchen.

Well I will forewarn you, I don't celebrate American Mother's Day...don't get me wrong, I'll take ny extra niceness and attention I can get, but it better not be instead of celebrate Mexican Mother's Day which is May 10th. I love that the date doesn't change, it's easier to keep track. So today we honor my mother-in-law the only way we know how, going to her house and letting her cook us a kick A$$ breakfast. As I reflect on some of the words my aunts and uncles said about my grandmother as their "mother-in-law" I am reminded, mothers' in law are just that, mother's. There have been good times and bad with my mother-in-law. She is not the meddling type, she doesn't call her son every day, she doesn't tell me how to parent and is really cool to hang out with and talk to about book club books. So where to all the tiffs  come it? Uh, just the basics, figuring out married life relationship dynamics, becoming a parent dynamics and stuff like that, the usual. I know, I am lucky. Not throw any one under the bus, but I am pretty sure I am in the upper echelon of people with not only "tolerable" inlaws, but I live one mile from mine and am perfectly sane. My mother in law can give Martha Stewart a run for her money in the kitchen, with home decor and she has served no prison time.
Why I Kick A$$: I got to do my 6 mile run today, have a fantastic brunch with my in laws, played the worst game of basketball ever which is WAY better than no basketball at all, then had the most fun going to dinner just me and my momma.
Thankful Three:
  1. Wind Chimes
  2. DVR: Oprah, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, The Office, Oprah, Vampire Diaries
  3. Runner's World Magazine-catching up on the B.Q or Die article

2 comments:

Christi said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Molly said...

Great weekend, I want to try that chili!