Slow and Steady

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Tidbit: It's My Birthday!!!

Middle age is when your age 
starts to show around your middle. 
~Bob Hope

Before breakfast I got the best gift. A jacket in summer! Yep, you read that right. I have been wanting a white jacket since forever. I feel like white jackets are feminine and pretty.
 Breakfast was Super Hubby's specialty Shakshuka. It was served with great crusty bread, fresh avocado and his signature chopped cilantro. We also had some cooling fresh fruit, watermelon and raspberries.


After breakfast I seriously considered crawling into bed and staying there, but feeling rested and well fed I thought I could make better use of my day and went to a boot camp work out at the gym. That was great and I made it home with time to shower and watch TV-fiddle on the internet for an hour and a half. Who knew there was so much time in the day?

Noon-Hair cut. Just a trim really, but I love that I get it blown out straight, I feel like a fun, prettier, hipper version of myself with straight hair. Like it is a costume or disguise or something.

Lunch-Lunch with my hubby at my favorite seafood restaurant in town. I was anticipated a mahi mahi or halibut encrusted with some delicious macadamia nuts or pistachios, but it wasn't to be. Instead I went with the California combo. This was fried taken to the extreme with a some cod, shrimp AND calamari. Too much food. Too much and no picture to share.

I planned to nap when I got home, but I was feeling home sick so I baked a chocolate cake and rainbow confetti cup cakes. Chocolate sounded boring so I put mini chocolate chips in it and that sounded too boring so I also made banana cream pudding and plan to make a triffle with it. Rainbow confetti didn't seem colorful enough so I portioned the batter out and used 5 different colors of food coloring and piped them into the cupcake cups to make a tye died confetti style cupcake. Super fun! So how does this relate to being home sick? Well, I am taking said deserts to my family for a dessert party. My parents were out of the country for a month and I figured why not use my birthday as a way to get us all together for a night.

In the few minutes after I was done baking and just settled into bed to finish my movie from early in the day I got a call (hang up) and a knock at the door. Would you believe it? I was delivered some delicious Sherry's Berries. Thanks AMW, this was a very cool gift.

Why I Kick A$$: Because I surround myself with awesome people who love me.
The Big Picture: I wasn't sure my day was going to be "perfect." We usually do something extravagant like a long weekend away, but this year with our family vacation coming up, we decided not to. Instead, I just took the day off to relax and found that the phone calls, text messages and family dessert night was just what my heart and soul needed this birthday.
Thankful Three:
  1. For a peaceful day
  2. For my new outfit from my nieces and nephew
  3. For Netflix
 

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a really fun day!