Slow and Steady

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday Tidbit: Don't Judge Me

We can never judge the lives of other, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.
~Paulo Coehlo

I loved the feedback I got on my request for help earlier this week. I have been in denial and you all are right. I need to prioritize my training. Ok, maybe not prioritize my training, figure out my priorities is more like it. I loved that you guys "get it." Yes it's my age. Yes it is the stage I am in in life with 2 kids under 4. Yes it is that I have a new job that requires much of my focus. Yes it is that I am lazy and not prioritizing my training, because running a marathon has gone from high up on the list to barely hanging on. I feel like I am in total survival mode lately and it has everything to do with the stresses in my life. Not major stresses, but enough little ones that some days I wonder which way is up. I know there are "right" ways to do things, like actually train for the marathon I am registered for and there are perceptions about the "right path." Some might say, "respect the distance" and let this one go. Others might say, "starting is winning," and several other philiosophies like, go out there and "see what happens." I am registered and as of today still want to start the run, but I am having difficulty accepting that because of my training issues.

So no real questions today folks, just some thinking out loud. It is one of those times I wish I had a hard and fast philosophy about my running, but having a structured philosophy takes time and energy of which I have neither. I am truly afraid to reorganize my thoughts on fitness, running, TRI and so forth. I don't want to paint myself into a corner with definition, but I also don't want to miss the canvas by not having any vision for myself either.

Current coping mechanism: 
Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly on White Bread. Yeah, you read that right, WHITE bread. Don't judge me. In case you were considering judging me, let this sink in- I think my grape jelly has high fructose corn syrup in it and my peanut butter has hydrogenated oils. This is not fact, but I am guessing it is true. Too lazy to check, LOL. (note: I have purchased white bread only a handful of times in the last 10 years, but it is so nostalgic for me and yummy to boot)

Why I Kick A$$: I survived my office relocation and lived to suffer the tiny details of getting a new place up and running.
Thankful Three:
  1. For my niece for staying over with the kids tonight
  2. For people who comment, I really do love your feedback
  3. For another day in the books, this is destined to be a long week

No comments: