The ability to concentrate
and to use your time well
is everything if you want to succeed
or almost anywhere else for that matter.
I have not been concentrating on much. It is amazing how things can be going along so well and suddenly everything is different. Ok, so maybe not suddenly, but it feels like it. It feels like yesterday I was running fast. It feels like yesterday I was super excited I got into the Nike Women's Marathon. It feels like yesterday that I had high hopes for all Olympic distance triathlons this season. At some point, ok in April my world flipped upside down. It was then followed by a few more changes in May and June and by the time I figured it out it was July. I am not sure what happened to August, seemed like it passed in a blink, but here I am at the September wondering how am I using my time? How do I want to use my time?
I was thinking back to how I started the year. I had my fastest 10K in January, I ran a progressive trail series January through March, PR'd the 1/2 marathon distance in March and was well on my way to having a fantastic year. What was I doing right? Let's go back to basics folks,
- When you set goals, write them down
- Be specific
- Carry your goals around in your purse or wallet
- Tell people about your goals
- Set benchmarks-measurable/attainable
- Have a schedule for accomplishing them
Things I am thinking about:
- First, get through the marathon 10/16/11
- Consider putting my workouts on the family calendar-schedule!
- Register for 1 trail running event before December 31st
- Maybe return to yoga
Why I Kick A$$: I am owning up to my goal setting/success challenges by being solution oriented.
- For Super Hubby being home from his epic Montana Fly Fishing Trip
- For a Disneyland Bachelorette Party this weekend
- For girls night tonight