Slow and Steady

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Summary: Catching up to me

Make the most of yourself, 
for that is all there is of you. 
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday was a great example of how bad things lead to good things and cycling back over and over. I didn't get mad about the lame things and was really greatful for the good things. It is a step in the right direction of where I want to ended up. Someday when I grow up, I want to be able to decide I am happy, in control of my actions and responses and be. Be happy, Be confident, Be a mom, Be a friend, Be wife, Be a boss etc. and feel totally like it is my decision.

Yesterday:
Perceived Bad: Woke up early because Super Hubby went golfing at like 6am so Krazy Kids woke up at 6 am too, so no sleeping in on my "sleep in Saturday"
Good: Up early enough to get everyone breakfast and ready for the gym with Kids Club hours before T-ball pictures
Perceived Bad: I locked my keys in the car Friday night & didn't realize it until we were heading out the door
Good: My inlaws only live a mile a way and have 2 cars, 1 of which is outfitted with 2 cars seats for my Krazy Kids, they didn't need both cars so my MIL hooked it up!
Perceived Bad: I left my regular swim bag in my car, didn't have a locker lock, swim goggles or anything like that.
Good: I had $20 in my wallet, bought new goggles, left my bag pool side, swam 1000 yards, the most in one session I have done this year so far and no one stole my stuff and we made it to t-ball on time

The day continued this way, each of the Perceived Bad could have cause me to have a personal, poor -me-temper-tantrum-meltdown, but it didn't. I find that I am a stronger me when Super Hubby is away, even for a few hours because I know I have no one else to rely on in those moments. I could look at that as bad, or that I am a bad person for being weak and childish when Super Hubby is there to pick up the slack, but instead I see it as a positive. I love, trust and know that I picked an amazing man who allows me to rest when he is around, I don't have to be Ms. Tough Stuff every second of every day and that is such a gift. Today I was supposed to volunteer during my kids religious school. The first 45 mins are parent-kid time and they suggested that this one time, parents didn't have to stay for parent kid time so they could volunteer to help at a baking workshop. I wasn't comfortable leaving my 3-yr old for that 45 min, even though there were plenty of amazing moms who would have taken her under their wing for that 45 min. My wise, confident, decisive Super Hubby pointed out that I am the mom. I don't need to feel pressured by the recommendation, I should do what I felt comfortable doing. WOW! Really? Just like that, DECIDE, no I am staying for the 45 min parent-kid session and will just volunteer my time after? So amazing, how do people do that? LOL I am so decisive at work, at home, being myself-- well that is something I am still learning how to do.

I might have some news on my next BIG event in my next post. I haven't officially registered so I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I can tell you it has me excited. Excited to train. Excited to get stronger. Excited to want to workout. I have been fleshing out my regular routine workout plans, but once I register for this event, the plans will have to become more aggressive than just walking a mile during my breaks or hitting Bikram every now and then or swimming an easy 1000 yards.

The Big Picture: The scale isn't moving, but I did get a compliment that I am having better posture, in the form of "You are standing so tall and look really strong." I'll take it!
Why I Kick A$$: Slowly but surely, increasing my swim endurance from 500 yards to 1000 yards. Hoping May will be my 1500 yard month. Since I am only swimming 1-2 times a week, I can't accelerate too quickly.
Thankful Three:
  1. For a desire to be fit again, I rally think the sun has a whole lot to do with this increased motivation.
  2. For family, specifically hang out time with my cousin. I really feel like myself when we're together.
  3. For wanting to blog this weekend.

No comments: